19 Nov Ep 8: Helen talks safety with Deliveroo Australia CEO, Ed McManus
Helen is delighted to be joined by the Australian CEO of Deliveroo, Ed McManus.
Ed and Helen discuss:
- How Deliveroo has managed the challenges of COVID
- Ed’s career path, from scientist to CEO
- Ed’s background and understanding around creating a health & safety culture
- Why mental well-being is such an important issue to discuss
- What CEOs & boards want from a HSE professional
We hope you enjoy listening.
About Helen’s guest, Ed McManus
Ed McManus is the CEO of Deliveroo Australia. Born and educated Ireland, Ed began his Australian career as a research scientist for the Walter & Eliza Hall Research Centre. He then moved to pharmaceutical giant GSK before making the switch to REA Group. His first CEO role was with Meridian Energy Australia, where he learned a lot about health and safety at work in a high risk environment.
We’d love to know what you think. If enjoy listening to our podcasts, head over to iTunes, subscribe to Helen O’Keefe Talks Safety and write us a review. You can also tell us what you think on our LinkedIn page.