24 Sep Crafting Your Career Elevator Pitch
“Tell me about yourself” is the most common question candidates struggle with in a job interview. Watch this video (10.39) and learn how to craft your best elevator pitch.
Tips for Candidates
BE TIME CONSCIOUS
- Dedicate from 3 to 5 minutes to answer this question.
- There will be time to tell about your skill and strength during the behavioural interview section.
BE BRIEF AND SUCCINCT
- Focus on interesting key points of your career.
- Give a high-level overview without overload with too much information.
- Highlight what is relevant by today and the position.
- Don’t go too far back in your career unless there is a compelling reason to do that.
ADD A CLOSING QUESTION
- Ask if there is something your interviewer what to know more about what you said, in this way you can elaborate on what is more appealing to them.
- Practice will make your answer perfect.